Sunday, February 18, 2007

Not very bright


That is what Becca says when I ask some questions, but it is not hard to argue that I am a genius compared to a couple of the girls.

Corrie the beautiful has a sweet loving disposition if you listen to the shepherds. Sweet Corrie. Check out the picture from last spring - It is entitled "weaning is easy if the lambs can't find me". Yup that's our girl.

It appears to be an hereditary trait because her daughter, Daphne the cute, is just as much of a brain trust as her Mother. She got her head caught in a fence 3 TIMES in 2 days last week. Same scenario each time, same results. She shoves narrow BFL head through fence hole to get at grass at the base of the tree the fence is protecting. Pulls back head, ears get stuck. Stands there and complains, Chief Bob ambles out, takes a look at her, sighs, and goes to stand staring at the house. One of the shepherds looks out and says, "Honey, I think Daphne has done it again." Big Guy Shepherd hustles out, speaks soothingly to trapped ditz, frees her, she gets loved up a little, fence gets straightened out. Wait 12 hours, repeat.

Now, if Becca is so damned smart, and since she is the Queen (Drama also) of the back flock, do you suppose she could explain to fleece head how to avoid getting trapped. Yes ? Do I see a volunteer ??

And they say I'm no Tesla....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Benny!
My, you do have your hands (as it were) full lately don't you. What with Corrie and Daphne's antics its a wonder you get any napping done at all! Let me let you in on a secret. I don't think Becca is going to help matters with Daphne any time soon. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Becca has been telling Daphne how delicious the grass on the other side of that fence is just so she can have a bit of drama in the field! Sigh. Seems I've gotten my head stuck a time or two this week as well. I guess that means it is time for a snack and a nap!