Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Can you believe it ?

Two years...they got the barn finished and getting the wifi set up took two years. My laptop is totally outdated and covered in a foot of sheep barn dust....

The Crone is abed with some veterinary surgery thing, and she gets a new netbook just for being in bed and really old..so for some reason that means I get WiFi .... maybe I'll get her old netbook.

Bozo..you don't want her old netbook...you move faster than her old netbook...and that's you leaving the feeders...

Becca is even bossier since she took over the herd...why Becca ? When did THAT happen ...ah..its been a long time since twinkle hooves had WiFi...

Last autumn, Herd Boss Bob suddenly couldn't walk...the shepherds tried everything they could, but eventually the Guy Who Fixes Sheep came out to the pasture and gave a Bob a shot and he became a cloud sheep and the shepherds cried. Then the next week, another Guy Who Fixes Dogs came out and gave the old girl dog a shot and everyone cried. She loved us, but she couldn't walk either. It was a really hard month for sheep and shepherds.

So who slides into head sheep slot ? Yup..you got it...Becca. She did it whilst I was eating and Buddy was trying to knock something over. I'll admit she made it so smooth that it is hard to tell a difference. And she is pretty smart...

It has been a really cold, icy, wet winter and we all have monster coats on.... but looking at the Crone limp around, shearing won't happen for a while. This year is the Fiber Rodeo or something and stuff. Thye'll probably forget to feed the sheep at that point, but there should be grass....

Roller Boy, its the Big Sky Fiber Arts Festival and a really big deal for the shepherds...people come hundreds of miles to admire your Very Special Fleece, remember ??

Oh, yeah...now I remember...my memory was better when they were feeding more pellets..wonder if they have considered adding fish oil to my diet....

Benny here, thinking I need a new laptop...

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

glad you're back, Benny!

Anonymous said...

I'm just meeting Benny and Becca, and I think they're great! I look forward to keeping up with them.