Sunday, March 4, 2012

Is winter over ?

Benny here...and its cold. Although Becca says it hasn't been as cold as usual. Pollyanna Becca.

Benny...you can barely feel the cold..I have never seen you so...hmmm ...robust.

Well, there does seem to have been enough food this year, and I suppose that Sophie leaving meant more food.

Benny...that is not exactly a memorial to Sophie...

Becca, she died in a perfect way for a sheep, didn't she ?? Head in a feeder and just dropped. That is the way I would want to go.

I have to admit that would be ideal for most sheep..and she was very old..15 at least.

We aren't really old, are we ??

We aren't lambs, Benny....we are 10 this year I think.

Is that close to 15 ??

Not too close Old Boy...aren't you hungry ?

I think Becca is trying to change the subject..I do notice a little twinge in my shoulder when I get up, but not nearly like old Amy. If Sophie was 15, Amy must be too. But she gets a little grain every night with little white crumbs in it. Maybe I'll get grain every night when I get 15..I wonder how much 15 is ?

All this thinking makes me hungry and makes my head ache. I think there is hay left from dinner. That will help ! And I smelled that funny smell that means grass will grow around the fence posts soon...its a good day to be a really special sheep...

No comments: