Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Deed is Done

Yup...Benny the Naked Sheep here. My most wondrous CVM fleece is lying on the ground and I am FREEZING.

Benny...your MWF has been carefully cleaned up and put into marked plastic bags. And the shearer said something nice about it, and nothing about your size.

Becca, some of the brat pack are bigger than me now !! Whats happening ??


They are younger than we are, Big Boy...and seem to shoulder their way into the feeders pretty well.


Becca .....am I losing weight and going to turn into Amy ???

You worry about the most interesting things, Chunko. We are 10; Amy is 16. You are a wether, I have had one perfect lamb, and poor Amy had lambs every year until she came here. She is worn out.

Not to be awful, Becca, but Amy looks really skinny and bony ...

The shepherds know that, Silly....and they watch her very closely. But she likes lying in the warm sun and she still eats her share. Did you hear the Crone say my fleece is sold already ???

Big deal. My fleece is the truly unique one around here....and what does hers sell for, I ask you ?? Mulch ?

I heard that Benny....mine sells to a very pricey specialty rug company. So there...AND, the fleece of the world's most perfect lamb sells every year, too.

Becca, the "world's most perfect lamb" weighs 250 lb and in full fleece looks like a bear. He could cause my heart to stop someday if I saw him in the dark. And, he stands on my foot at the feeders.

and at that, Becca stomped her front foot and left. Delicate little lamb indeed...Fergus could be a sofa.

Benny here, naked, stripped of dignity, mocked, under fed....but they still call my name and rub my ears. There is hope.








1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Glad to hear from you, Benny!, even if the news is that you're chilly.