Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I need a blanket !

Whatever am I supposed to do when it gets this cold ?? The wind howls, the temperature is below zero and the shepherd is where ?? Out piling up bales of straw to protect the ewes. Ewes Schmues - I have the prize winning fleece here !

Shepherd rubbed my chest last night after all the bale piling and tells me what a splendid long and dense fleece I have this year. Becca, my companion, snickers and says - that isn't all that is dense....She is real piece of work and smarter than the average sheep by a long ways. And she'll remind you of that in a heartbeat. Too bad she is such a weird combination of genetics and not a PURE BRED like someone here.....

So perhaps I am in no danger of freezing, and with the freezing weather, the barn is smelling a lot better. Life is such a series of trade-offs. And the 3 acquired ewes really are looking a much healthier - so next month they go into the front pasture where Bevis and Butthead live. Bevis comes in with us to be obnoxious and stir things up. Shetlands can be such idiots. And Butthead,
officially named Raven, gets a chance at producing more little black lambs.

Don't even get me started on the manners of rams.....

oh, and Becca's big head is right next to mine in the main portrait of Bennyness.....

No comments: