Tuesday, January 2, 2007

WiFi is back !

Benny here, at last. I don't know what my IT people are doing in the Big House, but it certainly wasn't getting me back online. We have a communication problem here, people !! I went to the fence and called (they say I bellow like a 600 lb. steer) and they come out, pet me, check the feeder and the water and the salt and then say "now, now Benny - everything is just fine" and go back in a open presents or watch football. Help !!! My WiFi connection is DOWN !!! And they think all I worry about is food....peasants - they are all peasants.

So, after 2 weeks, I have to clean the lamb poop out of my hooves before I dare get on the keyboard. Training them has been hopeless. The rules are - we all pee in the middle of the barn and poop outside, or if you must, where YOU sleep. Not where Benny sleeps. Hopeless - and then there is Becca, who seems to get down right weird about every 20 days or so. At least in the winter. She is such a know-it-all most of the time, but every once in a while, like a cycle, she gets very goofy. This week, she was fleeing the barn everytime the Big Guy comes out. What ?? He got new Carharrts for Christmas - this makes him a stranger ???

Becca - get a grip ! He is carrying FOOD !

The Big House people went away for 4 days and we had a nice sub. She poured pellets, checked water, crooned sounds sheep like to hear, fed Butthead and the girls. She hasn't quite got the "scratch Benny's chest first before all else" thing down yet, but she is trainable. Good thing, too, because we have seen very little of the shepherd since the Big Guy got home. What can she be doing that is more important than feeding and rubbing sheep, I ask ?

They say its a new year, and things will change. I guess the Big Guy is retiring ? Didn't he do that 4 years ago and did I see any improvement in my life ??? Maybe the new overalls mean he will live here now. He does seem to be a bit more relaxed, and I get my chest rubbed longer in the evening, so this could be an improvement. Heaven knows the management on the place could use some spiffying up....

Happy New Year - may your hay have more leaves than stems, may your orchards overflow with windfall for sheep, and may your lambs grow up with good manners !!

Benny

No comments: